[Back to Index]
Thread Options
Sticky:
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: [Off-Topic]

1 2 >>>
Hey guys.

Thought we could do with a thread to allow us to let loose, vent some anger, take the mickey out of those who have dodgy haircuts... etc etc

Created this thread so we can babble about useless jargon in here.

Obviously you will be asked to remain respectful, and to generally be pleasant to talk to, but we're not going to go Pete Tong on you for saying the word 'bum', to give an example.

For Example:

This cup of coffee I'm drinking is lovely. DISCUSS.

--
I am in a love-hate relationship with burger sauce. Please send help.

Excellent idea. Mine is decaf
Decaf is NOT coffee.

Decaf was invented as a Bane mechanism for those that do not appreciate Caffeine. It's just not the same.

--

Quote by Xaurikhan

Obviously you will be asked to remain respectful, and to generally be pleasant to talk to, but we're not going to go Pete Tong on you for saying the word 'bum', to give an example.

Whew!
That's a relief!
Every time I pass through the Lobby, I MGB the latest (Rk II) Ranger Unity buff.
And as I do, I /shout "BUMS! - ALL OF YOU!"
(Gotta stay "in character" LOL)
-Rat

--
But seriously,

I think this thread is a wonderful idea for "community building".
All of us come from different Guilds, backgrouds, etc etc.
This whole board is the one place where we can become a more "cohesive unit". Sort of a "guild amongst guilds" as it were.
I plan to play a very pro-active role in getting people to participate here.

So.. in the interest of sharing......
In the cold winter of '98, it seemed a family of "industrious rodentia" found a way to get under the house in NH to stay warm (and multiply!) and then proceeded to find an actual way in at night to forage for food etc. They had to go!
The standard hardware store spring loaded rat/mouse traps were not getting the job done. So I resorted to using "home made" devices and "booby traps" to do them in - as well as getting a "high powered" Daisy (hand pump up type) pellet gun. Take a 10 pump device, and put 13 pumps into it - heh.
Somehow all the strange booby traps,(and shooting!), reminded me of the first "Rambo" movie. At some point in conversation, the term "Ratbo" was used in frustration. I then started using that name for my "shades account" handle in "Air Warrior". (5 char max CPID)
At the launch of EQ, I was new to the RPG genre, so an AW buddy suggested I make a Ranger as they were a "jack of all trades" of sorts. Idea was that I could use said Ranger to see "what I did and didn't like". Lacking imagination, I rolled a Human Ranger and named him Ratbo. He was insta-guilded in the "AW players only" guild (OOO). Rat made a quick move from Surefall Glade to a bind at the front gates of Qeynos. Using the gate guards as protection, he began to make a living and levels (you guessed it) killing rats. (The world is round - heh)
Then my wife took an interest in the game, and played around with running Ratbo a bit. She decided to make herself an Enchanter "Jamazing" (real name Jami). Jamazing lived on Ratbo's EQ account only to level 14. (Sharing was not working!) So, we got a 2nd account, Jam passed Rat all her stuff, and we deleted poor Jamazing. The "murder" was short lived, as Jamazing was quickly re-created on her own account and given all her gear back. Rat essentially PL'd her to 17 so they were now tied in level.
As it (fortunately) turned out - the Enchanter is a very good pairing with a Ranger. Between crack/haste on the Ranger, and de-buffing the mobs - the synergy worked. (Now, with the advent of Mercs, it still works!) If we're on the Alliance TS server, I likely have Jam boxed in. When she's actively playing her Chanter - we still use the old Air Warrior TS server.
OK - I'll shut up now.
-R

--
Yeah, we never really had this back when TD was singular, we just ended up rattling on others' apps and making them 30 posts longer than they should have been...

I thought, as well as Facebook, I'm keen on having a 'chill zone' where peeps can get to know each other and have a laugh (outside of game or facebook), and also ensuring that we enjoy our activities within the game.

After all, games are meant to be fun.

--

A note on gear.
It seems that TDS T3 Group gear is "roughly" the same as RoF T1 Raid stuff.
I had a set of sleeves drop last night off a named Triceratops that were almost a dead toss up to my RoF T1 Raid sleeves.
(The kill itself was an "epic battle". It killed off our SK tank 1st, Rat soon followed. This left a lowly Enchanter Pet as the MT for the final 20%. We won!)
-R

--
Yea tds gear very close to raid tier 1 but the raid has more purity also, not to mention different cleave and ferocity ranks. im using the tier 1 raid leg and arm still but the rest im using is highwater armor (cept cpl other raid piece)

if anyone is "waiting" for raid gear i suggest maybe go out and get some highwater armor, its much better then the latent armor i still see on some people at raid.
the non vis is a diffeent story, not sure about the caster stuff but the tank stuff has more hp and ac then tier 3 rof raid non vis, however pieces of ROF raid (neck/Belt) have higher ranks of dodge and parry

rof raid shoulder u can cast the buff on so use raid shoulder for buff then wear tier 3 tds shoulder

got to work tonight good luck at the raid tonight guys, will be on all weekend
Quote by Ragnor

RoF raid shoulder you can cast the buff on, so keep raid shoulder for buff clicky, but wear tier 3 tds shoulder.

This is overall good advice when upgrading (and before tributing!) any old gear. Check the clicky buff, if it's better or unique, it needs a home in your clicky bag.

-R

--
Speaking of Ragnor.....

I thought it was really cool on Sunday night; That after spending his whole weekend working, buying, begging, borrowing, and stealing whatever it took to get that achievement for the RoF uber weapon - that:
A: The correct special aug for that weapon just happened to drop on the 1st raid he ever used the weapon at.
B: That he won the roll on top of that.
C: That it was coincidentally Grammy Award Night on Sunday - and Ragnor proceeded to give an "acceptance speech" of sorts after the win of the aug.
Sometimes - The World really is round.
-R

--
I just farted.

#keepingitrandom

/giggle

--

alot of stuff lined up to get that sword

20 hour mission marathon
beat modesto on roll for the only collectible i needed
got into good group for xorbb mission and plane of shadow mission
eye of fear dropped
beat 2 other people on random roll

Quote by Ratbo
A note on gear.
It seems that TDS T3 Group gear is "roughly" the same as RoF T1 Raid stuff.
I had a set of sleeves drop last night off a named Triceratops that were almost a dead toss up to my RoF T1 Raid sleeves.
(The kill itself was an "epic battle". It killed off our SK tank 1st, Rat soon followed. This left a lowly Enchanter Pet as the MT for the final 20%. We won!)
-R

I would suggest going out and farm TDS T3 gear until u can get ROF T4 raid gear, at least u wont /slack in gear department

--
Your only as strong as your weakest link
Quote by Jonarer

I would suggest going out and farm TDS T3 gear until u can get ROF T4 raid gear, at least u wont /slack in gear department

Well ya, it's never a good idea to bring a knife to a gunfight.
If you don't have the time to farm TDS T3 group gear, it's a good idea to at least outfit your main in TDS cultural for any visible slot that not at least RoF T1 raid or better. It's readily available in the bazaar.
The cultural is more or less "TDS T2.5" group gear, but it has focus @ level 105 on covered spells.

-R

--
Someone give us something to talk about.

(this thread's already going stale.. lol)

--

a corpse flower

[IMG]" border=0 />[/img]
told ratbo i would post the number of kills from my log file from the last 7 days, here it is rat, 3277 counting raids id say take away the 277 so 3,000 kills, with that 60% bonus xp i was geting 12-15% aa per kill, normal xp i was not keeping track of number of kills for 1%, i might do that later. just counted the raid kills it is 193
Quote by krinni
I told Ratbo i would post the number of kills from my log file from the last 7 days, here it is Rat, 3277 counting raids I'd say take away the 277 so 3,000 kills, with that 60% bonus xp I was geting 12-15% aa per kill, normal xp i was not keeping track of number of kills for 1%, I might do that later. just counted the raid kills it is 193

Holy sheep!
Even at 3000 that's a lot of grinding of kills!
Don't forget to see Guard Hamron in ETWK also, to see what the daily HA's are too. With their bonus exp, they rock for piling on AA's
-Rat

--
yea still alot of mobs, time flys by when you have an audio book going. Each mob only takes from 1-22 seconds on avg from what gp records. from my records when i started keeping track,

day 1 krinni 82 aa, wenry 100 aa
day 2 krinni 107 aa wenry 127 aa
day 3 krinni 63 aa wenry 80 aa
day 4 krinni 81 aa wenry 100 aa
day 5 krinni 80 aa 11% xp wenry 96 aa
day 6 krinni 109% xp wenry 170 aa (many hour grind day)
I dont have the hard numbers for today as i dont know if ill go out and get xp after the raid, this is with krinni, tank merc (103-104) wenry, healer merc (100-101) shaman, wizard merc (100)
wenry got all of the cotf aa and all the ts aa and banked 100 aa before geting to 101

1 2 >>>
[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.