Popular Threads

Get Firefox
Healer hotkeys

Healer hotkeys
[Back to Index]
Thread Tags
Primary: [General]
Secondary: None

Hi friends! I was talking to Harmoniey the other day about what hotkeys I use and which AAs etc.

Here are a few of the ones I use.
Fast-N-Big
/pause 2, /alt activate 706
/alt activate 6488
/timer 15000

This AA combo will hit Channeling the Divine which twincasts our heals, then pause 2 tenths of a second.
The next line uses flurry of life which crits heals for a 35% boost.

Fast-N-Crit
/pause 2, Alt activate 997
/alt activate 8500
/timer 15000

This AA combo will hit Celestial Rapidity which reduces casting time by 50%, then pause 2 tenths of a second.
The next line uses Healing Frenzy of life which crits heals + an additional 30-50%.

The /timer 15000 will grey out the hot button until both AAs have had time to reset.

Those two hotbuttons I rotate as oh, shit kind of healing.

As far as hotkeys I don't use many. I have the MGB CR hotkey as well as the 3rd spire hotkey. However what I do use is keybinding. I use 8 set to cast spells in gems 3,4,5 which are fast single target heals.
9 is tagged to spell gems 12, 11, and 8 which are group heals.
For non raids I have 0 bound to nukes that heal the targets targets AND cause the next heals (2) to crit.
Thanks for this Exilesbane. I am terrible at using my hotkeys and even worse with my aa's. I have them hotkeyed and hit them when things start going south. I'll get these set and see if that helps.

Candaan has set up a social hot key set for me...it allows me to cast my 2 fast heals repetitively

I also have one that will cast my group heal over and over.
Quote by Cienna
Thanks for this Exilesbane. I am terrible at using my hotkeys and even worse with my aa's. I have them hotkeyed and hit them when things start going south. I'll get these set and see if that helps.

Candaan has set up a social hot key set for me...it allows me to cast my 2 fast heals repetitively

Cienna, I recommend not using socials to cast more than one spell. The reason is that once the social starts EQ will process the entire social so if something happens you can't stop it and change to something else.

I will post more details in the next post to do the same thing but without that limitation...

Quote by Exilesbane
Quote by Cienna

Cienna, I recommend not using socials to cast more than one spell. The reason is that once the social starts EQ will process the entire social so if something happens you can't stop it and change to something else.

I will post more details in the next post to do the same thing but without that limitation...

Spell casting multi-bind vs. socials
If you have a multi-bind key you can hit one key for a type of heal over and over and still stop at any time.

My setup which may or may not work well for others.

Alt-O to get to options
Select the tab Keys
Select spell casting from the drop down list.
Determine which key you want to use for fast heals I have chosen "8"
Look at your spell bar and find which gems you have fast heals loaded in. Mine are in 3,4,5
Under alternate for those gem slots (3,4,5 in this example) click 8 in the alternate area.

Each time I hit 8 the first spell not on cool down will cast. Hitting 8 again will fire off the next one not on cool down, etc.

I have group heals setup the same way.

Determine which key you want to use for Group heals I have chosen "9"
Look at your spell bar and find which gems you have group heals loaded in. Mine are in 2,8,12
Under alternate for those gem slots (2,8,12 in this example) click 9 in the alternate area.

Each time I hit 9 the first spell not on cool down will cast. Hitting 9 again will fire off the next one not on cool down, etc.

Thanks....what I have set up is much the same. There are no pauses and is practically the same as key binding....Line one, cast 1, Line two, cast 2. No pauses.

It's fast, and very easy to interrupt. I do it this way because when I play my mage, I can use the same key set up.

[Back to Index]

Part of the DKPSystem.com Network.